In the fast-paced run of global market growth SEO is extremely important for businesses which have an online store, blog, or website. The internet answers queries of millions of users per day; most of the users scroll through the top five search results, so in order to rank better, a company should inculcate good SEO practices. Unlike print advertising or copy writing the landscape of Search Engine Optimization is not static it is constantly evolving.
Scope in SEO Career
There is demand for an SEO expert in both in-house and agency SEM’s.There are many training institute who provide SEO training in Chandigarh with reasonable fee structure. One can work in several profiles like a freelancer, SEO consultant, or a corporate marketer. Most of the companies are switching over to the digital space to increase their online presence. SEO plays a key role in every company’s marketing plan; every company now needs an SEO expert to boost their web presence. There are several SEO freelancing jobs which pay out $50 an hour; therefore, it is an easy way to mint money.
Essentials for Starting a Career in SEO
Wanting to build a career in SEO? Develop these skills first. If you want to make a mark for yourself in the SEO field then start attending short courses, webinars, conferences, events, and subscribe to the top SEO blogs. One has to well-versed with the following digital marketing concepts-
- Knowledge of website development concepts like CSS and HTML basics.
- In-depth knowledge of how Google and other search engines function.
- You should be well versed with on and off page SEO metrics and guidelines of Google Webmaster.
- Knowledge of Google analytics and other user engagement tactics like bounce rate, time spent on a page etc.
- Good hold on social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Should have a proper understanding of Google Structured Data, Google Search console, Page speed analytics, and other SEO Tools.
- A digital marketing expert should have sound knowledge of high-end SEO models like co-citation, canonicalization, schema usage, and Co-occurrence.
Blog Building and Networking
Like SEO is all about increasing page rankings, building a career in SEO also requires being visible in the industry. Attend industry events and connect with the industry leaders. Be a presenter in seminars and workshops. Another potent way to get your site visible is by creating a blog which can almost act as your resume. Start working on your blog to make it rank on top, this is a good way to exhibit your skills to potential employers.
Get Visible with Link Building
After creating a website it is important to add worthy links your content to increase readership. As newcomers one may not get valuable links for their content, however, with guest blogging one can connect with influencers.
Once you have built a base start applying for jobs. Remember, as an SEO consultant you need to have in-depth knowledge of customer behaviour on the web level. With marketing now becoming demographic targeted organic search listings is more crucial than Ads. SEO marketing is here to stay, hone your skills to earn big and become a digital marketing expert in this field.